Cisco Meraki MR70
Crowd-friendly, mission-critical performance
- Cisco Meraki Enterprise license purchase required for each AP.
- The power adapters are sold separately.
Description: Cisco Meraki MR70 Cloud Managed AP
Our Price: $758.00
Dual-band, 802.11ac Wave 2 ruggedized access point delivering basic enterprise wireless for outdoor or low-density deployments
Entry-level cloud-managed 802.11ac wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR70 is a dual-radio, cloud-managed 2x2:2 802.11ac Wave 2 access point with MU-MIMO support. Designed for basic, best-effort deployments that require rapid installation, the MR70 provides enterprise-grade security and simple management in a ruggedized, IP67-rated form factor that sports integrated omnidirectional antennas.
The MR70 is ideal for municipal athletic fields, garages, public gardens, space-constrained outdoor deployments, and even rapidresponse emergency kits designed to quickly deliver wireless in disaster-struck areas. The MR70 provides a maximum 1.3 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios.
MR70 and Meraki cloud management: a powerful combination
The MR70 is managed through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without training or certifications. Because the access point is monitored 24x7 by the Meraki cloud, the MR70 can deliver real-time alerts if the network encounters problems, and diagnostic tools enable real-time troubleshooting over the web. The MR70’s firmware is always kept up to date from the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web, meaning no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.* Refers to maximum over-the-air data frame rate capability of the radio chipset, and may exceed data rates allowed by IEEE 802.11ac-compliant operation
- 2x2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 1.3 Gbps* aggregate dual-band frame rate
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Built-in WIPS for threat detection and remediation
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Rapid, plug-and-play deployment
- Integrated location analytics and heat map
Aggregate data rate of up to 1.3 Gbps*
A 5 GHz 2x2:2 radio supporting 80 MHz channel widths and a 2.4 GHz 2x2:2 radio supporting 40 MHz channel widths offer a combined dual-radio aggregate frame rate of 1.3 Gbps*, with up to 866 Mbps in the 5 GHz band thanks to 802.11ac Wave 2 and 400 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band.
Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO)
With support for the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, the MR70 offers MU-MIMO for more efficient transmission to multiple clients. This increases the total network performance and the improves the end user experience.
Integrated enterprise security and guest access
The MR70 features integrated, easy-to-use security technologies to provide secure connectivity for employees and guests alike. Advanced security features such as AES hardware-based encryption and WPA2-Enterprise authentication with 802.1X provide wire-like security while still being easy to configure. One-click guest isolation provides secure, Internet-only access for visitors. Our policy firewall (Identity Policy Manager) enables group or device-based, granular access policy control.
Secure wireless environments using Air Marshal
The MR70 comes equipped with Air Marshal, a built-in wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS) for threat detection and attack remediation. MR70 access points will scan their environment opportunistically based on user-defined preferences. Alarms and auto-containment of malicious rogue APs are configured via flexible remediation policies, ensuring optimal security and performance in even the most challenging wireless environments.
Application-aware traffic shaping
TThe MR70 includes an integrated Layer 7 packet inspection, classification, and control engine, enabling you to set QoS policies based on traffic type. Prioritize your mission critical applications, while setting limits on recreational traffic, e.g., peer-to-peer and video streaming.
Self-configuring, self-optimizing, self-healing
The MR70’s advanced mesh technologies like multi-channel routing protocols and multiple gateway support enable scalable coverage of hard-to-wire areas with zero configuration. Mesh also improves network reliability — in the event of a switch or cable failure, the MR70 will automatically revert to mesh mode, providing continued gateway connectivity to clients.
Rapid, plug-and-play deployment
When plugged in, the MR70 automatically connects to the Meraki cloud, downloads its configuration, and joins the appropriate network. It self-optimizes, determining the ideal channel, transmit power, and client connection parameters.
Drill down into the details of your network usage with highly granular traffic analytics. Extend your visibility into the physical world with built-in location analytics that enables you to view visitor numbers, dwell time, repeat visit rates, and track foot traffic trends.
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac client access radio
- 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac Wave 2 client access radio
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.412-2.484 GHz
- 5.150-5.250 GHz (UNII-1)
- 5.250-5.350 GHZ (UNII-2)
- 5.470-5.600, 5.660-5.725 GHz (UNII-2e)
- 5.725-5.825 GHz (UNII-3)
802.11ac and 802.11n Capabilities
- 2 x 2 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) with two spatial streams
- SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO support
- Maximal ratio combining (MRC) & Beamforming
- 20 and 40 MHz channels (2.4 GHz), 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels (5 GHz)
- Up to 256-QAM on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Packet aggregation
- Power over Ethernet: 37-57 V (802.3af compatible)
- Power consumption: 11 W max (802.3af)
- Power over Ethernet injector sold separately
- Mounts to walls and vertical poles
- Mounting hardware included
- Security screw included
- Operating temperature: -4 °F to 131 °F (-20 °C to 55 °C)
- IP67 environmental rating
- 9.65” x 4.53” x 1.18” (245 mm x 115 mm x 30 mm)
- Weight: 15.87 oz (0.45 kg)
- Integrated omni-directional antennas (4.5 dBi gain at 2.4 GHz, 4.7 dBi gain at 5 GHz)
- Integrated Layer 7 firewall with mobile device policy management
- Real-time WIDS/WIPS with alerting and automatic rogue AP containment with Air Marshal
- Flexible guest access with device isolation
- VLAN tagging (802.1Q) and tunneling with IPSec VPN
- PCI compliance reporting
- WEP, WPA, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X
- EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM
- TKIP and AES encryption
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) & Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration
- 1x 100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet (RJ45)
Quality of Service
- Advanced Power Save (U-APSD)
- WMM Access Categories with DSCP and 802.1p support
- Layer 7 application traffic identification and shaping
- PMK, OKC, and 802.11r for fast Layer 2 roaming
- Distributed or centralized Layer 3 roaming
- 1 power/booting/firmware upgrade status
- For additional country-specific regulatory information, please contact Meraki sales
- 1 year hardware warranty with advanced replacement included
Compare Access Points:
Download the Cisco Meraki MR70 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
*Please Note: Cisco Meraki Enterprise license purchase required for each AP. Antennas are sold separately.
Our Price: $758.00
Our Price: $847.00
Our Price: $949.00
Our Price: $1,050.00
Our Price: $1,172.00
Our Price: $1,355.00
Our Price: $104.00
Our Price: $207.00
Our Price: $311.00
Our Price: $435.00
Our Price: $621.00